May 7, 2008

Shoes and Charity: Two Loves Combined


I love shoes. I am not an indulgent person, but shoes are my one weakness. I don't own flashy pairs of designer heels, just practical footwear that allows me to run after Olivia and walk through playground sand. My next purchase will be a pair of TOMS shoes. After hearing that for every pair of shoes you buy, a pair is donated to a child in need on your behalf, how could I not choose a pair and give a child some soles at the same time?

TOMS Shoes are designed after traditional Argentine shoes, and created to help alleviate poverty and "to make life more comfortable." You can purchase these cute kicks online where detailed images and sizing info are offered, or do a store search to find a location where they are sold near you. They come in a wide variety of colors and patterns and I'll love wearing mine so I can tell their story and encourage others to buy a pair.

Now you don't have to feel guilty about buying another pair of shoes! You'll be helping a child with every step you take. You can even buy a pair of Tiny Toms for your little ones. Check them out, they are so adorable!

2 comments:

Gift of Green said...

Sounds like a Toms shoe purchase is in my future! :)

Anonymous said...

lovely shoes