March 5, 2009

Go Vegetarian!



Going meat free on Fridays during Lent isn't really a sacrifice for me, since I'm a vegetarian. But the meat free concept has got me thinking about vegetarianism as a lifestyle for eco-minded people.

I've recently come across a couple of great blog posts filled with information on becoming a vegetarian, and the reasons why doing so are good for your health, the planet, and obviously for animals. I wanted to share this info with you in the event you may have considered trying out a vegetarian lifestyle, but didn't know how to start or the evidence as to why doing so is beneficial.

Allie's Answers has great information about a Free Veg Starter Pack. This starter pack is filled with helpful advice and tips that will put you on the path to a plant-based diet.

Big Green Purse has a comprehensive, educational post entitled: 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Less Meat.

Enjoy your quest to vegetarianism!

No comments: