June 8, 2009

Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Sheets

I stopped using fabric softener sheets a long time ago, when I realized they were a detriment to the environment. You can tell we don't use dryer sheets in our house, because we often walk around with a serious case of hair-raising static cling. But, I figured that was a small price to pay to help take a baby step to protect the planet.

Seventh Generation now offers Natural Fabric Softener Sheets: chlorine free, unbleached brown paper sheets made from plant derived agents. They are biodegradable and recyclable or compostable after use. Choose from their Free & Clear variety or their Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender variety. Both work really well, but I prefer the Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender sheets because they leave clothes smelling like you just left a spa visit, and couldn't we all use a little Zen wherever we can get it?

I love that Seventh Generation is always finding ways for consumers to continue using the products they love while also managing to leave a lighter footprint. I guess my future antics won't be so hair-raising.

No comments: