Spring is quickly approaching, and this week's craft helps us get into the spirit! Make someone's day with a bouquet of egg carton flowers, or make them as a centerpiece for your dining room table at home, where your kids may admire their clever, green handiwork at mealtime!
Materials You Will Need:
- An empty egg carton
- Straws or pipe cleaners
- Fuzzy pom poms (in any color)
1) First, cut out each of the 12 cups of the egg carton.
2) Once you have cut out each cup, take your scissors and poke a hole through the center of the bottom of each cup.
3) Next, paint the cups (flowers) whatever color you'd like on the inside as well as the outside, and allow to dry.
4) Put your straw or pipe cleaner through the hole, and glue a pom pom to the top.
Make as many flowers as you'd like! You can also take green paper and make leaves and get creative with embellishments. Egg carton flowers are a fun, eco-friendly way to brighten the day and a lovely way to pass the time doing a fun, relaxing craft with your kids.