June 17, 2011

Kid Safe Screen, SPF 25 from Marie Veronique Organics


June 21st marks the official first day of summer, which means even more reason to head for outdoor adventures and sunny excursions. You'll want to be sure to slather yourself and your little ones with sunscreen, and I recently came across one I'd like to recommend: Kid Safe Screen from Marie Veronique Organics.

This all-natural sunscreen just received top honors in the Environmental Working Group's Sunscreen Guide. Click here to view the report. The 100% vegan formula contains no parabens, petrochemicals, fragrances, waxes, fillers, silicones, dyes or other toxic ingredients. Instead, it boasts a simple, yet effective list of sixteen intelligent ingredients that provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection in conjunction with non-nano zinc oxide.

The water resistant formula goes on smoothly, and requires little rubbing in. It also has the consistency of a luxurious lotion as opposed to a thick, greasy sunscreen -- which is helpful (and less messy) when blending it into a squirmy baby or toddler's skin. I can use this SPF 25 sunscreen myself, so it's nice that our whole family can get by on packing one bottle when we hit the park or the beach!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Does the traditional "shotglass" measurement apply for this sunscreen? It sounds fantastic, but I don't know if we could got through a bottle a day.

Petite Planet said...

Good question, Pamela. I find that this sunscreen is very rich, meaning that a little goes a very long way- a couple pumps are all I need on my baby and toddler... but yes, if I was slathering it all over my body for a day at the beach, I might run out pretty quickly. However, I think this particular splurge is well worth it. I LOVE this sunscreen.