October 5, 2011

Reuse Tip: Give Puzzles New Life As Wall Decor


One of my favorite websites, Ohdeedoh recently published a clever reuse tip that I incorporated into Miss O's room and wanted to share with you as well: Puzzles as wall decor!

We bought Miss O a large, world map floor puzzle. We pieced it together on a few occasions, but for the most part it was just languishing away in its box. So, after Ohdeedoh put the bug in my ear, we decided to hang the puzzle on a wall in her bedroom -- and now her knack for geography is exemplary!

When I drive her to school in the mornings and there's a lot of traffic and it's taking a loooong time, she'll say, "Mom, are we still in North America?"

She falls asleep looking at the puzzle, as it is opposite her bed, so I hope she dreams of world adventures and knows that the earth is her canvas.

1 comment:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow what a great idea! Now I am going to be checking out the puzzles we have!