December 16, 2012

Gun Control. Now.


I am at a complete loss for words over the recent horrific tragedy that occurred at Sandy Hook. My heart is broken and I am devastated. I don't know how to even process the information, and I find that I am vacillating between shock, anger, grief and denial over what has happened to those precious, beautiful souls. I can't stop thinking about them.

The only way I know how to cope is by following the wise words of Gandhi: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

I write Petite Planet to bring awareness to the ways we can lessen our impact on the earth through baby steps to protect our children. And I'd be remiss to mention the right cleaning products to use but not to touch on the fact that we have seriously outdated laws in place in America with regard to gun control.



We have all seen and heard the statistics in the last several days, and we know firearms are rampant in America -- this needs to change. A shocking graph I came across, above, shows that more preschoolers are killed by guns than officers in the line of duty. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

WE MUST PROTECT OUR CHILDREN.

I just signed a petition here, which calls for the government to restrict access to guns and save lives. Please join me in taking this baby step to get on board and to help preserve our beautiful, defenseless, innocent children and protect them from future heinous crimes.

God bless the angels we have lost, and may their families somehow find the strength to go on.

No comments: