February 20, 2008

Poetry in Motion


Ever wish you could walk around carrying a sign with a message on it? I have! The T-shirts above are from a company called Tees for Change, and I just love how they came to be...

Andreea Ayers was pregnant with her first son, and decided she wanted to have a natural, home birth. This brought an abundance of naysayers out to express their concern over what could go wrong, but Andreea's thought process was, "what if everything goes right?" When the words, "Be courageous" came to her during a yoga class, the inspiration for Tees for Change was born.

The outward messages of these tees reach deep into to the very fiber of their creation. They are made from organic cotton and bamboo. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Its roots don't need tending and it never stops sprouting, while it absorbs greenhouse gases. Organic cotton is harvested free of pesticides so farmers, animals, fish, birds and our land and air are protected from the deadly chemicals that are laced throughout conventional cotton growing methods. Organic cotton is also softer and longer lasting. Bamboo has healing properties and is lightweight and breathable.

I tried to decide which Tee I would choose for myself, but each one has a message I would proudly bear across my heart. If I could write my own it might say, "Sweet Dreams," because I am living my dream of being a mother, but I could also use some ZZZZZZ's.

3 comments:

Gift of Green said...

Great tees. I would choose to choose happiness. It's a good reminder to myself.

Susan said...

I have a Today Matters tee from Tees for Change and I adore it, both for the quality of the fabric and for the sentiment.

It is quite honestly my favorite tee.

Susan said...

I have a Today Matters tee from Tees for Change and I adore it, both for the quality of the fabric and for the sentiment.

It is quite honestly my favorite tee.