December 8, 2008

Beautiful Sky Writing


I've always been fascinated by astronomy. Whether I have stars in my eyes or my head in outer space... I love the blanket of twinkling lights and planets found in the nighttime sky.

Above is a photograph of a wonderful phenomenon of a smiley face created by a rare, amazing alignment of Jupiter, Venus and the crescent shaped Moon. This happy coincidence was witnessed in Asia on December 1st.

In a world filled with news of manmade tragedies and natural disasters, I am so glad that this quiet miracle found its way into our world and into my day... and I wanted to share it with you all.

Our planet is made up of magic and power beyond our comprehension, and someone is surely smiling down on us.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I too am also fascinated with astronomy. I think that is a beautiful picture!