January 2, 2009

Donate Your Used Holiday Cards to St. Jude's Ranch!



Taking down your holiday decor? Re-read and savor your holiday cards one more time, and then send them on to get a second life at St. Jude's Ranch for Children! Through February 28, 2009, you can mail your used, all-occasion greeting cards fronts to St. Jude's Ranch, and they will be made into new cards by children. The kids attach a blank recycled paper back to the card, making them into new cards for buyers... and they get paid for their work! It's a win-win-win situation! Consumers buy green, kids learn about and earn green, and the earth is a little greener due to the recycling of the cards!

If you have any other greeting cards collecting dust or taking space, send those in too! And you can also order a set of 10 cards for $8, in the categories of: General Christmas Cards, Religious Christmas Cards, Easter Cards, Birthday Cards, Thank You Cards, All Occasion General Greeting Cards.

I'm going to send mine in right now!

Send cards here:
St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea. I will be sending my recyclable cards ASAP. St. Jude's children hold a special place in my heart as I can relate to them. I am a Kidney and Colon cancer survivor of three years. Each day is a gift. God bless the children.

Debbie

Petite Planet said...

Good for you, Debbie! I am so happy for you. God bless you too.

Anonymous said...

I read on another site, "Dear Heloise", that St. Jude's was no longer collecting old holiday cards in 2009. I hope this is not true, because I was going to send mine.

Petite Planet said...

Hi Anonymous, According to their site, which I just checked again, they are indeed accepting donations through February. I know they weren't last year, but they have re-vamped their program and are happily accepting used cards this year!