It's no secret that I'm trying to cut back on paper use in our household, so when I came across these reusable hemp cloths at The Milkweed Mercantile, I had to give them a try.
These cloths aren't just handy to replace paper towels, they may also be used as:
- wash cloths
- for dish washing and drying
- as super soft napkins
- as baby wipes
- for cleaning and dusting
As excited as I am about these hemp cloths, I am thrilled to have unearthed The Milkweed Mercantile. This company's philosophy is like no other I have seen when it comes to being green. They have a no more "business as usual" approach. Check out the six ecological principles they adhere to:
- Renewable energy – All power used is from renewable and/or sustainable sources
- No personal ownership of cars – 36 adults share a Jetta, a Ford truck and a tractor in vehicle co-op
- No petroleum – We run the vehicles on biodiesel, and have done so since 1999, long before it was trendy
- All building materials are renewable and/or sustainable
- All gardening and agriculture is organic
- Composting – Waste disposal systems reclaim organic and recyclable materials
I mean seriously, this place sounds like eco heaven on earth!
I am a huge fan of The Milkweed Mercantile, located in Rutledge, Missouri. If it were up to me, they would have locations everywhere... but then again, their individuality makes them so incredibly spectacular.
Visit their online store here.