April 28, 2010

DIY Cardboard Play Washer and Dryer

cardboard washer and dryer, play washer and dryer
Ah, to be a kid again, and to think that housework is novel and fun! Why can't I think that way? While laundry and cleaning may be the bane of my existence, my little girl thinks there's nothing more fun than vacuuming the room with a hanger, sweeping the floor with a broom, dusting with any object she can find (tonight it was her toothbrush on the blinds), or helping me put the laundry in the washer, and sort the socks. Bless her sweet heart.

This cardboard play washer and dryer would be right up her alley. You can buy the instructions here on Etsy and be on your way to making this green toy, which will provide endless amounts of role play fun... and may then be recycled once your toddler hits puberty and realizes that chores are just that - a chore!

Thanks to Julia at Pixel and Post for submitting this tip!

1 comment:

nicolas from simplegreenaction said...

I love this idea! I think I should get it for my girl!She loves new toys and I make sure she understand it's good for the planet!

Nicolas
simplegreenaction.ca team