Easter is quickly approaching, and here's another fun and easy way to make your Easter baskets more eco-friendly: make sweet little bunny rabbits out of washcloths! Choose new washcloths in a festive color, and bring them to life as cute inhabitants of Easter baskets, that may then be used as washcloths for bathtime. These washcloth bunnies are also a great alternative to plastic egg holders... stuff a few candy treats inside one of these critters instead! Read on for the super simple tutorial!
Materials You Will Need:
- Rubber bands
- Googly eyes
- Pom poms
1) First fold your washcloth in half to form a triangle.
2) Then roll the washcloth from small point to long side.
3) Fold your rolled washcloth in half.
4) Fold washcloth in half again and fold the loose ends back toward the fold.
5) Place a rubber band around the washcloth about 2 inches from the fold.
6) Cover rubber band with ribbon.
7) Tape on googly eyes, and pom pom nose and tail.
*I recommend using tape so your washcloth is not ruined by glue -- because you'll want to use it after Easter for tub time!
You can also place an egg in the back of the bunny and use it as a holder. These washcloth bunnies are so cute and they also make great baby shower gifts! Your kids will love these adorable bunnies to hop on into their Easter basket this year!
This post was written by Petite Planet craft contributor, Lisa Lopez.