Be sure to tune in to 'Toxic America,' a special two-night investigative report with Sanjay Gupta M.D., tonight June 2 and tomorrow night, June 3rd at 8 p.m. ET on CNN.
Some of the shocking topics the shows will address are:
- Exposure to car and truck exhaust in the womb has been shown to result in lower IQ at age five.
- Babies enter the world with more than 200 dangerous chemicals in their blood, including flame retardants, dioxins, substances in non-stick coatings like Teflon and hormone-like compounds found in plastic.
- Out of the 80,000 chemicals in use in the United States, the EPA has only tested about 200 and only banned five.
- Wednesday's show covers “Toxic Towns” and will delve into the environmental health and justice problems plaguing the community of Mossville, Louisiana. Mossville is not an isolated example, but instead a poster child for a broken chemical safety system.
- Thursday's show covers “Toxic Childhood” and features Healthy Child founders, Jim and Nancy Chuda, Scientific Advisor, Dr. Phil Landrigan, and Healthy Child, Healthy World's “A Wake-Up Story” video. This second part of the series reveals the effect that toxins have on unborn babies.
- Visit Toxic America on CNN to be informed of the latest findings and news that affect our environment and our children.