October 22, 2010

Eco-Friendly, Non-toxic CaliBowls for Family Friendly Dining

As much as I'd like to blame my children for all the chipped and cracked bowls in our house... it's all me. I am forever dropping bowls during washing, and after chipping the final bowl in a set of four, I decided it was time to move on to more durable wares.

I'm so happy I came across CaliBowls! They are BPA free, microwave and dishwasher safe, and they are darn cute to boot! We got a stack of bowls in the retro-aqua color, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to eat my granola. They are perfect for kids (and clumsy adults like me) because they have a non-slip lip on the bottom, and an innovative ergonomic design inside the bowl: "an inward curving lip, which, like a wave, pushes all the food back onto whatever you're eating, ie: your untensil, a chip) to create a no-spill result." The CaliBowl was designed by surfers in San Diego, and they certainly know a thing or two about waves!

Further, CaliBowl has partnered with Shriners Hospitals for Children with their Charit-A-Bowl program. They explain, [the] “Charit-a-bowl” program “will allow us to enhance the lives of children by helping them make the mundane magnificent and the frustrating feasible. It will improve the children’s quality of life by allowing them to do what most may take for granted - independent eating.”

And CaliBowl's zero landfill policy rules! They have a Recycle-A-Bowl program so at the end of a CaliBowl product's life customers "will have the option to return the CaliBowl™ product to Simple Wave to be recycled into new product. In return the participant will receive a 20% discount on their entire subsequent order through the CaliBowl™ online store."

I purchased our fabulous LaJolla CaliBowl cereal bowls on Overstock.com. The company offers a wide array of bowl sizes to fit every need. I wish we owned the entire collection!

No comments: