October 25, 2010

SHirin NYC Eco Scarves


If you're looking for the perfect gift for that hard to shop for green tween girl on your list, these hip, gorgeous SHirin scarves are sure to enchant and delight. I love wearing scarves, not just for the warmth they provide, but because they add such simple sophistication to any outfit. I especially love these scarves because they are luxuriously soft, sustainably designed and ever so chic!

If these designs look familiar to you, it's because I have featured SHirin collections on Petite Planet previously: here and here. I literally can't wear the top seen at the bottom of this post out without being stopped by several people who ask me where I got it and comment on its beauty.

I absolutely love the artistry behind Shirin Roubeni's work. New to her line, these scarves are made from leftover fabrics from the dresses Shirin makes. They are comprised of a mix of 100% pure silk and lyocell. Lyocell is extracted from sustainably harvested wood pulp and is a lightweight, wrinkle resistant and high quality eco-fabric. Additionally, the prints on the scarves are water based and heat set with no use of chemicals.

Present one of these lovely scarves to a young woman on your list, and put them on the road to becoming eco-fashionistas! *Sidenote: I plan on wearing a SHirin NYC scarf myself this season, and I'm certainly no tween!

Shirin's scarves may be purchased here.

No comments: