October 23, 2011

Zarbee's Nightime Cough and Sleep Drink

I love homeopathic remedies for kids. See one of my favorites here. And there's a new natural remedy designed especially for children that I am relieved to have on hand for the upcoming winter cold season, and which I have already used with much success.

Miss O and Mr. A have actually been ill for the past couple of weeks, so I have stocked our medicine cabinet accordingly with the best relievers I can find. Zarbee's Nightime Cough and Sleep Drink just launched, and it is all-natural and drug free. Since cough medications are not safe for children under the age of 4, it's nice to know that this product has been proven safe and effective for kids ages two and older.

Developed by a pediatrician, Zarbee's Nightime Cough and Sleep Drink is made from antioxidant-rich buckwheat honey and it also contains immune-boosting Vitamin C, zinc and elderberry and a small amount of melatonin. It is also gluten free, and contains no alcohol, drugs or dyes.

Each packet of grape-flavored powder may be mixed with two ounces of warm water and given to your child at bedtime. I know that when my kids are sick, coughing jags wake them frequently, so I need a remedy on hand.

During Miss O's most recent cold, she was up at 3:30 am with a terrible, barking cough. I gave her a dose of this tasty sleep drink, which she drank without putting up a stink (which is a miracle in and of itself -- note: she actually said "mmm, this tastes like candy!"), and after a few more coughs and whimpers, she fell sound asleep until morning. I had sat up with her from 3:30am to 4am to see if her cough would subside by itself, and it wasn't budging. I know if I hadn't given her Zarbee's we would have both been up all night. Do yourself and your kids a favor, and have a box on hand at all times!

TIP: Since you can only give your child one packet of Zarbee's per day. Wait until she wakes up in the wee hours coughing to administer the dose. One night I gave Miss O the dose at 7pm, and when she woke up at 2am, I had no relief for her. Since she had no trouble with a cough until the wee hours, I figured it was best to give it to her when she needed it most.

No comments: