May 21, 2012

Badger Debuts Two Organic Sunscreen Lotions in Time for Summer




Every morning I slather Miss O with Badger's Baby Sunscreen before she heads out into the abundant California sunshine. Badger products are a favorite of mine, as you can see here, so I'm always happy to hear of new additions to their collection.

The Badger sunscreen and Badger Baby Sunscreen we use don't glide on with the light consistency I prefer to wear under make-up -- and since I too need to wear sunscreen every day, I'm loving Badger's new Damascus Rose antioxidant face sunscreen with broad spectrum protection and SPF 16. It's comprised of certified organic ingredients to both protect and restore delicate facial skin, and it goes on light and smooth and absorbs immediately, leaving no greasy residue.




The other new standout addition is Badger's Broad Spectrum SPF 16 Aloe Vera sunscreen lotion. This lotion, which also boasts all organic ingredients and contains NO Oxybenzone, Octisalate, Octinoxate, Avobenzone, or added Vitamin A, also goes on with a light, smooth consistency, but it leaves a touch more of a whitish hue than the aforementioned Damascus Rose sunscreen. That said, I will opt to wear this sunscreen when I'm headed for the beach or out on a walk with the kids, sans make-up -- and when I need to protect my entire body in addition to my face. Not to say this sunscreen can't be worn under make-up -- I just prefer the Damascus Rose product for made-up occasions because it absorbs a bit more readily into the skin, and is made especially for the face, while this Aloe Vera sunscreen is made for face and body.

One thing's for certain, you can really tell that the Badger team has been reformulating their sunscreens to make them a lot more user-friendly for all-day, everyday wear and application, minus the greasy factor. I love that these two new sunscreens boast a lotion base which makes them feel more like moisturizer than sunscreen -- but you get the best of both worlds: nourishment and protection.

No comments: