September 14, 2012

Yes To Blueberries Shampoo & Conditioner: Affordable Hair Repair



You've probably heard stories about how lush and shiny and gorgeous your hair gets when you're pregnant, right?

What everyone (conveniently) fails to mention is that postpartum, your hair falls out in alarmingly large clumps!

After the hair loss stage I experienced with Miss O, I at least went back to having my hair as I knew it shiny and new again.

But while my hair stopped falling out (finally) after giving birth to Mr. A, it never quite bounced back. It has been one giant frizz-fest and to date, no product or great shampoo had been able to revive my mane to its days of glory.

So when Yes to Carrots contacted me regarding their new Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair shampoo and conditioner, I had to give it a shot!



I have previously written about Yes to Carrots eye and face make-up remover and their Yes to Baby bath and body collection, and I am a big fan of both.

Now I can add their Yes to Blueberries shampoo and conditioner to my shower shelf on a permanent basis. The bottle promises: "healthier looking hair in 7 days," and I have to admit, this age-old claim is actually true in this case. My hair is decidedly less frizzy, smoother and softer, and a lot more manageable. And I love the affordable price point of $7.99 per bottle (or $15.99 for both).

The shampoo and conditioner are 98% natural, free of Parabens, Petroleum and SLS, Yes to Carrots does not test their products on animals. This particular set incorporates blueberries into the ingredients to protect hair with their antioxidants, clover flower to heal and mend hair that is damaged, and sunflower for its fatty acids that make hair shiny and help keep breakage at bay.

I applaud Yes to Carrots for creating natural products that are available to everyone, and that everyone can afford.  But I'd love to see Yes to Carrots take the next step to making their great products even better (and doing their part to preserve the planet) by using organic ingredients.  Especially since their formulations are derived from the earth.

No comments: