July 17, 2009

Klean Kanteen Sippy Cup: The Mother of All Stainless Steel Sippy Cups

I was surprisingly late jumping onto the Klean Kanteen bandwagon, but I'm happy to have recently purchased the 12 oz. Kid Kanteen sippy cup for Olivia. Prior to this purchase, we had been using BPA-free plastic sippy cups, but I love that by design, the Kid Kanteen keeps beverages cold, especially during these warm summer months.

There are many stainless steel sippy cup options on the market, but I thought it was vital to buy one that contained absolutely no aluminum or unspecified interior lining. The Kid Kanteen is BPA-free and made of food-grade stainless steel. It's sippy lid (cap and spout) is made of polypropylene (pp#5) and is also free of BPA.

The Kid Kanteen is 100% recyclable, and it won't leach any weird flavors into your kid's juice or water. You can fit ice cubes into the large round opening on top, and it's easy to clean, and dishwasher safe.

I also love that the Kid Kanteen is super lightweight, but sturdy and indestructible. It's well designed and aesthetically appealing too, available in a variety of hues.

I did wince slightly as I shelled out $20 for the Kid Kanteen, but justified the purchase with the knowledge that it will last for many years and may also be handed down. I think Kid Kanteens would make great gifts too- so next time you're stumped on what to get for the little ones in your life, reach for a Kid Kanteen!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I purchased a big one for me and a little one for dear daughter over a year ago. We love them! I love that our drinks are safe and our water just tastes like clean water. When I got mine they didn't have all the pretty colors yet though.

Petite Planet said...

Hi Kayla! I know- aren't they the best? I should have grabbed one for myself too!