Earth Day is April 22nd, and I'd like to encourage you to find a way to celebrate and honor our planet in any way large or small.
Just like January 1st is the one day of the year we all decide to change something in our lives for the better, why not use April 22nd as the day to set in motion a green habit? After all, without our earth, where would we be?
Here's some ideas to get your wheels turning:
- Plant an indoor herb garden with your children.
- Make a donation to your favorite eco-friendly charity.
- Buy some hip looking bins for your kitchen to get you excited about sorting the trash. Label the bins "plastics," "paper," etc. and commit your whole family to separating their recyclables.
- Go into your bathroom cabinets and eliminate any shampoos, lotions or cosmetics that contain chemicals that will harm either you or the environment, then replace them with healthy alternatives.
- Walk to the grocery store instead of driving whenever possible, and lug your goods home in a wagon.
- Go vegetarian one week out of every month, or better yet, go vegetarian entirely!
- Live by candlelight one night every week after sundown.
- Commit to buying only organic produce.
- Switch to buying organic cotton clothing.