August 1, 2008

What a Doll!

I have to be honest, I was never a "girly-girl" growing up. I outgrew my dolly phase pretty quickly and moved on to video games, remote control cars and playing outside until dark. For the most part, I am not a fan of dolls. But I just happened across Lindie & Friends, a line of sweet dolls with a charitable background, and I am wishing I was a kid again. I may just have to live vicariously through Olivia and get one!

Above is "Jodi." Don't you just love the little pom-poms hanging from her skirt? Apparently, she loves reading celebrity magazines, tap dancing and cats. She's my kind of gal. She is one of a whole family of unique characters including girl and boy dolls, and a couple of animals. Each has his or her own personality and all are handmade in New York City by creator, Kara Lesondak.

Ten percent of each Lindie & Friends sale is donated to Crafty Kids. Through Crafty Kids, children in NYC learn how to design and make toys. They then travel to a Kenyan school to teach children there the same skills. They collaborate and make toys together to be sold in America, and all proceeds go to support the school in Kenya.

Click here to find the doll that's right for you... I mean, for your child.

No comments: