September 22, 2008

Clean Up Your Act with Ecodiscoveries


Calling all cleaning procrastinators! If you've been wanting to "green" your cleaning supplies but haven't gotten around to it, now is the time!

I'm one of those people who loves a clean house, but who hates cleaning. However, I do it often and I have been meaning to clean up my act by switching all of my products to an eco-friendly variety. I have done so on some levels, Seventh Generation dish washing liquid, Wintree Laundry detergent, etc. But I really wanted to make a sweeping statement (pardon the pun) and "green" up every single cleaning item in our house.



So it was Ecodiscoveries to the rescue! These products are safe and effective, hence their slogan: "Safe Has an Effective Side." The many amazing qualities they boast are:

  • Non-Toxic
  • Petroleum-Free
  • Ammonia-Free
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Biodegradable
  • Glycol-Free
  • Caustic-Free
  • Fragrance-Free
  • Chlorine-Free
  • Phosphate-Free
  • No Animal Testing
  • Dye-Free
One of the best things about them is that they actually motivated me to clean, and I was excited to use them.

I love the entire Ecodiscoveries line, but so far, the stand out winner in our home has been the AirZyme Natural Air and Fabric Deodorizer. I hate to get gritty here, but as parents, we all know that sometimes our sweet little bundles of joy can produce some pretty nasty little bundles of "Oy!" The other day, we left a poopy diaper in a trash bag to take out in the morning. This was a MISTAKE! The smell was horrible. I pulled out the AirZyme not thinking it could possibly do a thing to get rid of the stench... especially since it is fragrance free. However, I could be in a commercial touting this stuff because I was "amazed!" when I sprayed it and the odor disappeared! The best part was, I didn't have to worry that we were all inhaling toxic fumes, or sneezing and coughing from some icky rose or ocean breezy fragrance. We were just left with clean air!

Remember when I wrote a post on safe cleaners for your bathtub? Well, I'd now like to add EcoDiscoveries Tub & Tile Cleaner to the list. It really works, minus the chemicals and nose hair cinging bleachy smells.

They even make a Nursery Cleaner to clean areas around your baby's room, changing table, dresser, etc. Again, no worries about leaving any toxic residue in your wake.

Now all I wish is that EcoDiscoveries would expand their already pretty comprehensive line. I want toilet bowl cleaner, dish washing liquid, laundry detergent... in the case of EcoDiscoveries, I am convinced there is no such thing as too much of a good thing.

Find out where to buy EcoDiscoveries near you, or purchase online here.

No comments: