January 15, 2008

This is the Balm


L'Occitane is usually that shi-shi-la-la place I walk by, really wishing I could buy every product, but not wanting to spend $25 on hand soap.

That's why when my husband brought home L'Occitane's Shea Butter Mom and Baby Balm, I was thrilled with the treat. This diaper ointment doubles as a protective salve for my rough, chapped hands as well. Lately, I have been feeling like my hands equal the texture of a crocodile's back! The tin is a really ample size that will last for months, so the sale price of $16 is a bargain in this case. We have also been using Country Comfort Baby Cream, which is another great, all natural diaper cream.

As always, it's vital to check the labels of whatever you're using on you and your baby to make sure the ingredients are pure. The Shea Butter Mom and Baby Balm is free of fragrance, colorants and preservatives and has all natural ingredients including of course, shea butter, calendula, oat and grapeseed oil... *on a separate note: organic grapeseed oil is a great way to wipe and clean baby's bottom during that sticky meconium phase.

So go ahead and splurge on this balm... it does double duty!

No comments: